The venue of the NCSRA Symposium June 2nd was the Crowne Plaza Hotel in The Hague. The symposium preludes the International NCSC One Conference 2014 on June 3rd and June 4th, at the World Forum in The Hague.
Round up of the Sentinels project
Discovering concentrates on what it takes to detect and discover hacker's attacks and malicious activities.
- Introduction by Professor Sandro Etalle of Eindhoven University of Technology, chairman of this track.
- Protecting your Golden Nuggets by Roy Jansen, Global Lead Cyber Security Services, Atos Consulting & Systems Integration (C&SI) (SBIR winner).
- Intrusion Detection in Industrial Control Systems by Alfonso Valdes, Managing Director of Smart Grid Technologies, M.S., Operations Research at Stanford University.
- Situation and Threat Understanding by Correlating Contextual Observations by John Goodall, Research Scientist, Cyber and Information Security Research group, Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- Stealthy Reconnaissance in Peer-to-Peer Botnets, by Dennis Andriesse, VU University Amsterdam ZIPFILE! (PhD competition).
- SSHCure: Flow-based Intrusion Detection for SSH by Rick Hofstede, University of Twente (PhD competition).
Measuring explores how security threats can be reliably measured and quantified, so we can make informed decisions.
Building deals with the building of ICT solutions - solutions that should be secure enough. To find out if that is the case one has to look at the breaking as well as the making of security solutions.
Information market SBIR Salon & Gallery
- Rob van der Veer 'Security by design? Software Improvement Group, Find the hidden defects, an interactive search with the public (SBIR winner).
Pitches in the breaks by
- Orcun Cetin
- Bernold Nieuwesteeg
- Sander Hulsman