8 april 2016
In the parallel session titled 'The cybersecurity trail through the Dutch Research Agenda' at the fourth edition of the NCSC One Conference, Professor Catrien Bijleveld (NSCR) and Professor Herbert Bos (VU Amsterdam) addressed the question: Which cybersecurity-related issues are part of the Dutch Science Agenda and how do we address them in coherence with other fields?
After their presentations and a lively discussion with the public is concluded that:
- Cybersecurity professionals and scientists should get involved in relevant route workshops
- Cybersecurity is interdisciplinary in nature and relevant in a large number of route schedules by cutting themes
- In the "Big Data" route cybersecurity (privacy, integrity, availability) is recognised as major concern
- However cybersecurity currently is under-represented within the "Big Data" route, compared to the other core topics: data & domain challenges and analysis, methods & techniques.
- dcypher may act as linking pin between National Science Agenda routes and cyber security experts.
Download presentation Dutch Research Agenda by Professor Catrien Bijleveld
Download presentation Cyber Security in Data Science by Professor Herbert Bos